A list of Azure Internet of Things projects and resources.
A curated list of awesome Azure Internet of Things projects and resources.
- Microsoft IoT Central – A fully managed SaaS offering for customers and partners that enables powerful IoT scenarios without requiring cloud solution expertise.
- Azure IoT Suite Preconfigured Solutions – A set of preconfigured solutions for getting your IoT project faster (Remote Monitoring, Connected Factory, Predictive Maintenance)
- Azure IoT Hub – Connect, monitor, and manage billions of IoT assets. Azure IoT Hub is a fully managed service that enables reliable and secure bidirectional communications between millions of IoT devices and a solution back end.
- Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service – Seamless, zero-touch registration of devices to IoT Hub with security that begins at the device and ends with our cloud.
- Azure Event Hubs – Cloud-scale telemetry ingestion from websites, apps, and any streams of data.
- Azure Stream Analytics – Real-time data stream processing from millions of IoT devices.
- Azure Time Series Insights – A fully managed analytics, storage, and visualization service that makes it simple to explore and analyze billions of IoT events simultaneously.
- Azure IoT Developer Kit – The Microsoft Azure MXChip IoT Developer Kit (a.k.a DevKit) can be used to develop and prototype IoT solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure services. It includes an Arduino compatible board with rich peripherals and sensors, an open-source board package and a growing projects catalog.
- Azure Certified for IoT device catalog – Certified for IoT devices tailored to your needs.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kits – Start innovating today with kits that include development boards that are ‘Azure Certified for IoT’, sensors and actuators. Simple user-friendly tutorials help you seamlessly connect your devices to the cloud with Microsoft Azure IoT.
- Windows 10 IoT Core – Windows 10 IoT is a family of Windows 10 editions targeted towards a wide range of intelligent devices, from small industrial gateways to larger more complex devices like point of sales terminals and ATMs..
Get started with IoT Hub
- Simulated device – Connect your simulated device to your IoT hub using Node.js.
- Raspberry Pi 3 – Connect your Raspberry Pi 3 device to your IoT hub using Node.js.
- Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 – Get started with your Arduino board: Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266.
- MXChip IoT Developer Kit – Get started with your MXChip IoT Developer Kit.
Platforms and Frameworks
- Azure IoT Edge – Azure IoT Edge moves cloud analytics and custom business logic to devices so that your organization can focus on business insights instead of data management.
- Azure IoT Protocol Gateway – Azure IoT protocol gateway is a framework for protocol adaptation that enables bi-directional communication with Azure IoT Hub. It is a pass-through component that bridges traffic between connected IoT devices and IoT Hub.
- Understanding and Use the Azure IoT SDKs – The Microsoft Azure IoT SDKs come in 2 flavors, device and service SDKS, and provide libraries that facilitates building devices and cloud applications with Azure IoT Hub and its provisioning service.
- Azure IoT device SDK for C – Repository for the C SDKs. Packages are also published to Nuger, MBed, APT, etc.
- Azure IoT device SDK for .NET – Repository for the .NET SDKs. Packages are also published on Nuget.
- Azure IoT device SDK for Java – Repository for the Java SDKs. Packages are also published on Maven.
- Azure IoT device SDK for Node.js – Repository for the Node SDKs. Packages are also published on NPM.
- Azure IoT device SDK for Python – Repository for the Python SDKs. Packages are also published on PIP.
Libraries and Tools
- Azure IoT Edge for Visual Studio Code – Develop, deploy, debug, and manage your IoT Edge solution.
- Azure IoT Toolkit for Visual Studio Code – Interact with Azure IoT Hub, IoT Device Management, IoT Hub Code Snippets.
- Arduino for Visual Studio Code – The Arduino extension makes it easy to code, build, deploy and debug your Arduino sketches in Visual Studio Code.
- PlatformIO for Visual Studio Code – PlatformIO is an open source ecosystem for IoT development. It supports 350+ embedded boards, 20+ development platforms and 10+ frameworks.
- Azure IoT Web Client – A web-based client tool for Azure IoT Hub to send and monitor device-to-cloud messages.
- Azure CLI – Commands to connect, monitor, and control Azure IoT Hub service.
- Azure CLI IoT extension – Extension for the Azure CLI 2.0 to work with IoT devices and IoT Edge
- Device simulation service – Service to simulate devices for testing IoT solutions.
- IoT Hub REST API – The REST APIs for IoT Hub offer programmatic access to the device and messaging services, as well as the resource provder, in IoT Hub.
- IoT Hub Explorer – A CLI tool to manage device identities in your IoT hub registry, send and receive messages and files from your devices, and monitor your IoT hub operations.
- Device Explorer – This tool enables you to perform operations such as manage the devices registered to an IoT hub, view device-to-cloud messages sent to an IoT hub, and send cloud-to-device messages from an IoT hub. Note this tool only runs on Windows.
- IoT Hub Diagnostics Tool – This tool is provided to help diagnose issues with a device connecting to Azure IoT Hubs.
- IoT School – Tutorials and getting started material
- Azure IoT Developer Bootcamp – End-to-end developer course for Azure IoT
- Microsoft Professional Program for Internet of Things (IoT) – Professional course for IoT offered by Microsoft
- Microsoft Learn – Tutorials and learning paths
- Azure IoT Reference Architecture – Reference architecture shows a recommended architecture for IoT applications on Azure using PaaS (platform-as-a-service) components.
- Azure IoT Developer Center – Get started with Azure IoT Suite and IoT Hub and learn how easy it is to connect your IoT devices to Microsoft Azure.
- Azure IoT Hub Code Samples – Learn to interact with Azure IoT Hub through code.
- Azure IoT Hub updates – Service Updates for Azure IoT Hub.
- Azure IoT Hub limits – List the limits associated with the different service tiers (S1, S2, S3, F1).
- Internet of Things partners – Connect with a partner to unleash the powerful potential and business value of the Internet of Things (IoT). Whether you’re looking for a complete IoT solution, or building your own using certified devices, engage with an Azure IoT partner to tailor a solution for the needs of your business.
- Azure Blog for Internet of Things – The official Microsoft Azure Blog for topics about Internet of Things.
- IoT Developer Blog – MSDN Blog about Tooling and Experience for IoT Developer.
- Channel 9 IoT Show – Series of videos for developers covering IoT at Microsoft